Castle Rock Hostel
15 Johnston Terrace
The Multi-Award winning Castle Rock Hostel is fabulously located right beside Edinburgh Castle! Our palatial hostel offers wonderful character, with a mix of grandeur and a backpacker vibe!
Enjoy being in Edinburgh’s best location & being at the very heart of the city. We are just a stroll from the bus, train and the airport bus and a 1 minute walk from Edinburgh Castle, 1 minute from the Royal Mile & 1 minute from the Grassmarket. We are in a relatively quiet street but the city’s wonderful, late night-life is also just around the corner – ideal!
Built in 1846 and turned into a backpackers hostel in 1997, we have packed this grand old building full of art, character and antiquity. Some people say it is more an art gallery or museum than a hostel. We think you will love it with our bright, sunny and spacious rooms and great facilities like FREE Wi-Fi, a movie room, a delightful patio and a fire place for those cold winter nights as well as plenty of room to kick back and relax or join in the fun with other travellers.
- Truly superb location under the castle ramparts
- Open 24 hours every day of the year
- Bed-side lockers in all rooms
- 24 hour Safe for total security.
- Vibrant atmosphere with a choice of lounges
- Pick up point for a Free city walking tour
- Big lounge with pool table, piano, free tea, coffee & hot chocolate
- Luggage storage
- Free hair dryers
- ART everywhere!
- Big screen movie lounge with both Scottish and mainstream movies
- Internet lounge with Wi-Fi
- Posh lounge with piano and fire place
- Hot and powerful showers
- Large self-catering kitchen
- Breakfast for only £1.50
- Laundry service £4
- Clean bed linen (with properly fitted sheets)
- MacBackpackers tours pick-up point
- Sunny and cheery patio
- No hidden charges
- No Stag or hen parties
- Minutes from the bus and train
- Fabulous views over the city
- Scottish owned – backpacker run
Dorm bed 4 person room (£17)
Dorm bed 10+ person room (£14)
Double room (£45 for the room - £22.50 pp)
Triple room( £51 for the room- £17 pp)
Quad room (£68 for the room - £17 pp)
High Street Hostel
8 Blackfriars Street
As Edinburgh’s original independent hostel, we’ve been helping backpackers enjoy Scotland since 1985. Offering affordable accommodation right in the heart of Old Town Edinburgh, we’re just a few minutes walk from Waverley Train Station.
Our historic 470 year old building was originally known as Morton House and belonged to the 4th Earl of Morton who was beheaded in 1581 for his involvement in the murder of Mary Queen of Scots’ husband! In the present day however, our guests can enjoy our large common room, fully equipped kitchen, clean comfortable rooms and free WI-FI. Just step out of our front door to experience all the history and culture which Scotland’s capital city has to offer.
- FREE Bed linen
- FREE Thursday Pub crawl
- FREE Lockers with locks
- FREE Tuesday movie night & popcorn
- FREE Coffee, tea and hot chocolate
- FREE Hair dryers
- FREE Electrical adaptors
- FREE Wi-FI
- FREE Book exchange
- FREE Maps and Advice
- Towel rental for £0.50
- Laundry service for £4
- Local food and drink discounts
- Free daily walking tours
- Breakfast for £1.90
- Kitchen use and fridge space
- No curfew Luggage and bike storage
- Minutes walk from the bus and train
Dorms - From £13.00
Twins £40 - £55
Quads £30 - £36
Royal Mile Backpackers
105 High Street
Royal Mile Backpackers is a centrally located hostel with a HUGE personality. It’s the perfect base for exploring Edinburgh!
We’re a small and vibrant hostel situated smack bang in the city-centre overlooking Scotland’s most famous street – The Royal Mile. Located halfway between Edinburgh Castle and Holyrood palace, you can’t get much closer to the city centre attractions; bars, cafés, restaurants and nightclubs.
With our open plan kitchen and dinning area, making new friends is easy and there is plenty of space to chill and chat with staff and guests in our cosy lounge area with it’s own open fire. Our dorms are all light and bright and our bathrooms are clean and spacious with hot, powerful showers.
The hostel also offers Free Wi-Fi and Free tea, coffee & hot chocolate. Our friendly receptionists can offer you some great advice on what to see and do and where to eat and drink during your stay in Edinburgh. They can arrange for you to make the most of your time while you are in Scotland and book you on a MacBackpackers Tour to the Highlands. We aim to make your stay with us as pleasurable as possible so here is a wee list of what else we have to offer:
- Fresh bed linen
- Clean and hot showers
- Kitchenette/Dining area open 24 hours
- Lounge with fire
- Secure lockers in rooms
- Free Wi-Fi
- Free tea, coffee & hot chocolate
- Free book exchange
- Free daily walking tours
- Local Food & Drink discounts
- 24hour access from sister Hostel
- Luggage storage and bicycle storage available across the road at High Street Hostel
- Free pub crawl every Thursday night
- Minutes walk to the bus and train station
- Free MacBackpackers tour booking service and advice
- Large continental breakfast selection served 7.30am -10.30am from £2
- Laundry service – we do it for you for just £4
- Towel Hire – £0.50
Dorms - From £13.00
Thomas Andolf said...
Read More Buzz